Thank you CCRCD for sponsoring the PG&E grant to help clear brush from the roadways here in the Big Valley subdivision where we live.
And a big thanks to PG&E for granting the funds.
Proper Pruning service did a great job, and the increased access makes us a bit safer out here in the coutryside.
Doug & Kathi Grover
In the News
732-acre shaded fuel break in the works between Murphys and Forest Meadows
Due to the increase in wildfire in recent years, the state and local organizations have stepped up efforts to mitigate risk through forest thinning, controlled burns and the establishment of fuel breaks.
Provide Registered Professional Forester related services on the
Forest Meadows/Wylderidge Fuels Reduction Project.
RFP's accepted until December 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
The CCRCD is currently working on the "Murphys-to-Forest Meadows WUI Fuelbreak" project. CEQA tasks have been completed and a Notice of Exemption (NOE) has been filed with the Calaveras County Administrator's Office.
Current Grant Projects
NOTICE OF EXEMPTION
2020 Fuel Break Projects Along Ebbetts Pass
A Bright Spot in a Very Bad Year
2020 has been universally declared the worst year in memory. But along the Ebbetts Pass Corridor, there is a bit of good news.
First of all, we did NOT have a wildfire in our area this fire season. Yes, we had to contend with smoke from the terrible fires in the rest of the state, but we were spared, and that is something to be grateful for.
The other bright spot, . . .
RCPP Crisis to Opportunity: Tree Mortality in the Central Sierra
A New Opportunity for Private Non– Industrial Forest Landowners
Work Within the 100-ft
- For technical assistance to private forest landowners contact your local Resource Conservation District and NRCS field office
- Technical assistance provided by the RCD will help you understand the condition of your forested lands, assess your management goals, present options, and culminate in a Forest Management or Forest Conservation Plans
- Landowners may be eligible for incentive payments through the NRCS EQIP Sierra Tree Mortality RCPP fund pool
- Payments are intended to incentivize management, and are not designed to cover the entire cost of work
- Find the RCD near you at CARCD.org
Contact: Gordon Long, Exec. Dir.
USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider, Employer and Lender
Since our RCD receives no support from County or State agencies, we are funded by the competitive grant process.
We are continually looking for new grant opportunities, including taking suggestions from the public.