Thank you CCRCD for sponsoring the PG&E grant to help clear brush from the roadways here in the Big Valley subdivision where we live.
And a big thanks to PG&E for granting the funds.
Proper Pruning service did a great job, and the increased access makes us a bit safer out here in the coutryside.
Doug & Kathi Grover
The CCRCD is currently working on the "Murphys-to-Forest Meadows WUI Fuelbreak" project. CEQA tasks have been completed and a Notice of Exemption (NOE) has been filed with the Calaveras County Administrator's Office.
Current Grant Projects
NOTICE OF EXEMPTION
2020 Fuel Break Projects Along Ebbetts Pass
A Bright Spot in a Very Bad Year
2020 has been universally declared the worst year in memory. But along the Ebbetts Pass Corridor, there is a bit of good news.
First of all, we did NOT have a wildfire in our area this fire season. Yes, we had to contend with smoke from the terrible fires in the rest of the state, but we were spared, and that is something to be grateful for.
The other bright spot, . . .
RCPP Crisis to Opportunity: Tree Mortality in the Central Sierra
Request for Proposals
A New Opportunity for Private Non– Industrial Forest Landowners
Work Within the 100-ft
- For technical assistance to private forest landowners contact your local Resource Conservation District and NRCS field office
- Technical assistance provided by the RCD will help you understand the condition of your forested lands, assess your management goals, present options, and culminate in a Forest Management or Forest Conservation Plans
- Landowners may be eligible for incentive payments through the NRCS EQIP Sierra Tree Mortality RCPP fund pool
- Payments are intended to incentivize management, and are not designed to cover the entire cost of work
- Find the RCD near you at CARCD.org
Contact: Gordon Long, Exec. Dir.
USDA is an Equal Opportunity Provider, Employer and Lender
A Request for Proposals (RFP) for the "Murphys-to-Forest Meadows WUI Fuelbreak Project" was issued on April 14th, 2021.
The Request For Proposals (RFP) is for mechanical mastication work under CAL FIRE Grant 5GG19147 for a single 85-acre unit of this larger project.
Proposals must be submitted via email to: email@example.com and must be received no later than May 5, 2021 at 6:00 PM.
A pre-bid tour will be held on Wednesday, April 28 at 10:00 AM.
A map to the meeting place is included in the attached RFP. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for the tour. This will be your only opportunity to inspect the jobsite.
Since our RCD receives no support from County or State agencies, we are funded by the competitive grant process.
We are continually looking for new grant opportunities, including taking suggestions from the public.